Xenical (Orlistat) 60 mg
Xenical is used for Managing obesity in adults and adolescents 12 years and older. It is also used to reduce the risk of weight regain after previous weight loss. Xenical is a gastrointestinal lipase inhibitor. It works by inhibiting the digestion of fats from the diet and should be used with a reduced-calorie diet.
Do NOT use Xenical if:
• you are allergic to any ingredient in Xenical
• you constantly have problems absorbing food
• you have gallbladder problems
• you have cholestasis (a problem of bile flow from the liver to the intestines)
How to use Xenical:
Use Xenical as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
• An extra patient leaflet is available with Xenical . Talk to your pharmacist if you have questions about this information.
• Take Xenical by mouth with or up to 1 hour after each main meal that contains fat (up to 3 per day).
• If a meal is missed or contains no fat, do not take a dose of Xenical.
• You should take a multivitamin supplement containing vitamins A, D, E, and K to ensure good nutrition. The supplement should be taken at least 2 hours before or after you take Xenical, such as at bedtime.
• If you miss a dose of Xenical , take it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not take 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Xenical.